Graduate Trainee Teacher - Maths | London SE, London
Graduate Trainee Teacher – Maths
Secondary PGCE - Bexley - South East London
Start Date – 1st September 2020
Are you looking for a fully salaried teacher training route?
Do you want to achieve the highest accreditation available for beginning teachers whilst developing your expertise within the support of one school? Premier Pathways are proud to be working with a Secondary School in Bexley to secure a Trainee Teacher of Maths for our ITT programme.
Premier Pathways offers you:
• £15,600 in Year 1 and £17,550 in Year 2
• Absolutely no tuition fees
• PGCE, QTS and 60 Masters credits
• Accredited by the University of Buckingham
About the school:
Our partner school, based in the London Borough of Bexley, have a learning community which encourages academic, emotional and physical confidence. Their students are inspirational learners who have the courage to take risks and the wisdom to learn from their mistakes.
The school has a very good reputation locally and they work to fulfil individual potential through providing outstanding teaching, rich opportunities for learning and encouragement and support for each student.
Excellent CPD (training) is available for all trainees; helping them to develop into outstanding future teachers.
The successful trainee teacher will:
• Be fully committed to a career as a Maths Teacher.
• Have a love of all things Maths and have the required enthusiasm and energy needed to motivate and inspire the minds of the next generation.
• Be able to cultivate a positive learning environment where students feel supported and determined to develop their understanding of Maths.
• Believe in high aspirations for all students; having the patience to encourage students who are not on-track to achieve their target grades and the expert subject knowledge needed to extend the learning of the highest-achieving students.
• Have high standards for yourself and your students with the desire to develop into an outstanding Maths teacher in the future.
You will also:
• Hold a minimum of a 2:2 degree in a Maths focused degree. Applicants who achieved an A grade in their A-Level Maths and are prepared to complete a Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) course in Maths will also be considered.
• Have a GCSE Grade C (4) in Mathematics and English Language
• Be passionate about Maths and have the desire to make a positive difference and wider the aspirations of the young people of Bexley.
• Have the presence and character to relate to the students at this school and have the resilience to remain positive even when encountering challenging circumstances.
• In time, be able to design and deliver engaging and purposeful Maths lessons to whole classes of up to 30 students.
Premier Pathways are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all applicants will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.