Graduate Trainee Teacher - Maths | London East, London
Premier Pathways has trained 341 teachers with a 94% success rate since 2016. Could you be the next?
Despite the current climate, Premier Pathways are still securing training placements for aspiring teachers to start in September 2020. Due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, your interview and selection process will be completed through video technology.
Premier Pathways are excited to hear from talented aspiring Maths Teachers who are ready to positively impact the lives of the children of Redbridge. Working in partnership with a dynamic and forward-thinking Secondary School, we are looking to support two Maths trainees in securing teacher training places on our PGCE Programme.
What is Premier Pathways Teacher Training?
Premier Pathways is an innovative and highly regarding school-based PGCE Programme designed specifically to ensure the wellbeing and personal development of aspiring teachers. Developed and delivered alongside the University of Buckingham, a leading Initial Teacher Training provider, this in-school PGCE route provides graduates with a financially viable and comprehensive training scheme over a two-year training period.
Working full-time and gaining greater responsibility as the in-school PGCE programme processes, the appointed trainee will earn a training salary up to £15,600 in Year 1 and £17,550 in Year 2. Without any tuition costs attached to this in-school PGCE route, Premier Pathways is rapidly becoming the most financially viable teacher training programme for graduates to enroll upon.
Maths Trainee Teacher - Ilford
- Minimum of a 2:2 Maths degree classification (Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Physics and Engineering graduates can be considered providing they have an A-Level in Maths)
- GCSEs of C or above in English, Maths and Science required.
- Applicants need to be resilient, self-reflective and be eager to learn.
- Applicants will be able to follow school policy and work had to establish consistent approaches with children and other adults
- The school likes staff members who have good ideas, and want to share them and implement them if they fit well with the children’s learning and the school ethos
- Applicants need to like teenagers! They need to want to make a difference to children’s lives.
- The school like team players, who like to say “yes” and get involved. - Applicants will want to get to know children outside of the classroom and understand that this helps to build professional good relationships.
About the School
Staff at this school, work tirelessly to ensure that the students in their care are happy, rounded individuals who achieve the best outcomes they can. They are a truly inclusive community school that believes in high aspirations for all.
They seek to nurture children’s talents and abilities, and to help their young people become confident, mature and responsible members of society who are able to fulfil their ambitions.
They are ambitious to become an Outstanding school, building on their own best practice and also looking outward for innovation and advancement. - The school encourage their staff to develop their skills and proficiencies and so we have in place a strong CPD and professional development programme, the ideal setting for an aspiring teacher.
About the Maths Department
- Large (Nine staff members) Maths department with Curriculum Leader.
- Results improved considerably last year with a focused Raising Standards approach. Teachers are on-board with improving outcomes.
- Maths results are not yet in line with National Averages but improving rapidly. Progress is good ( 0.18 for the school) which is an important factor as many pupils come from a disadvantaged background
- Good collegiate feel in the department with a number of friendly and helpful staff.
- All year groups taught in sets. (Year 7 start in mixed ability but then change to sets once abilities known)
- Students are used to having additional adults as in class support.
- The school places value on Maths to encourage children to work hard.
- Sufficient rooming – most teachers have their own room. - Teach GCSE, retake GCSE and A Level Maths (which is popular) - Whole school leadership of mentoring trainee teachers is strong
For more information about our Teacher Training programme, please visit the Premier Pathways website. www.premierpathways.co.uk
If you are relishing the opportunity to join this school as a Trainee Maths Teacher, embrace opportunities for innovation and challenge, if you are excited to make a difference to children’s lives, then Premier Pathways welcome your interest and look forward to your application.
Due to the number of applications, you will only be contacted for an initial telephone interview should your application be deemed successful.