Trainee Teacher - History Graduate | Essex, South East
Trainee Teacher History Graduate - Graduate Teacher Programme Southend-on-Sea, Essex Start April 2021
If you’re considering teaching but aren’t sure which route and qualification is for you, then let us introduce you to the Graduate Teacher Programme.
It combines a PGCE for the theoretical understanding, a Postgraduate Teacher Apprenticeship for the practical experience, QTS for the industry standard and Level 7 credits to support further professional development. It’s completely free, plus you’ll get a salary of £18,169.
You’ll be in a school local to you; you’ll be learning from world-class leaders in the field.
This is the future of teacher training and we want you to join us.
The National College of Education has partnered with a large secondary school in Southend, Essex who are looking for graduates to join them in April on the Graduate Teacher Programme.
This is a Trainee History Teacher position, so if you’re a History Graduate with a desire to teach, read on.
- £18,169 per annum
- Absolutely no tuition fees
- PGCE with level 7 credits, PGTA (Post Graduate Teacher Apprenticeship), and QTS
- Accredited by the University of Buckingham
- 15 months to start in April 2021
- Support from in-school mentor, university tutor and NCE
- Trainee History Teacher - History Graduate
- High-achieving school in Southend, Essex
- Focus on the balance between personal and academic achievement
- School values all centred around being a good, independent adult
Your Trainee History Teacher Role in School
- Joining a successful Humanities Department with a brilliant range of subject teachers
- Teaching a small timetable and gradually building up to more responsibility
- Great pupil engagement due to creative teaching methods - new ideas are always welcome in this department!
Trainee History Teacher:
- Undergraduate degree in History or closely related discipline
- GCSE Grade C or 4 in English, Maths and Science
- Confident in your ability to work whilst studying on the programme
- Right to work in the UK full-time
- Ideally has prior experience with pupils (voluntary or paid work)
The School says: "From Y7, the focus starts on Medieval History to the challenges faced by Queen Elizabeth by Y9, and we’re looking for a Trainee History Teacher that can bring every element of the past alive!"
If you already have ideas, we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Trainee History Teacher opportunity by sending your CV to Edmund Young at the National College of Education today.